The Process of Teaching Meditation: An Intensive for Teachers || Mar 23-25, 2018 || One Yoga for the People, Gastown
Friday 1:30 - 4pm, Saturday 7:30 - 9:30am and 1:30-4pm, Sunday 1:30-4pm. Eligible for 12.5 hours YA Continuing Education Credits. $275 plus tax.
This training covers:
- the main pillars and the main goals of meditation
- a brief history/background of meditation lineages
- your own healing process, the nature of the ego & mind
- the importance of inquiry and presenting potent questions (ie themes)
- how to teach various types of meditation & what is best for each group (from beginner to advanced)
- fundamentals for the teacher (trust, space, personal practice, be in the moment)
- how to teach from a place of authenticity/embodying presence
- barriers to teaching meditation (students, room problems etc)
- practice teaching to the group
- comprehensive manual with an appendix of various meditations & journalling exercises
- extra homework & class observation
* must be an instructor or have been practicing yoga/meditation for 3 years.
Registration opening soon.