Reflect & Reset on the Rooftop with Clara and Carolyn || Thurs Aug 9 6:30-8:30pm || lululemon West 4th Ave Store Rooftop
Join us for an evening of yoga, meditation & more on a stunning rooftop in Kits.
We're going to take it down a notch and offer a menu of restorative and passive strecthing along with time and space to reflect on where you are right now and where you'd like to go.
**Please BYOM** (Bring your own mat)
Weds Aug 29th 12-12:45pm || Nooner Yoga Series || Jack Poole Plaza, Vancouver
Back by popular demand, the lululemon Nooner series. Join your downtown community Wednesday Aug 29th at 12pm for a 45 minute complimentary yoga class led by Carolyn at Jack Poole Plaza, right infront of the conference centre, to the West of the whale.
Please bring your own mat. More info / register HERE
Saturday, Sept 29th 3-5pm || Breath Rebel: A Meditative Workshop for Anxiety || Shala Yoga, Squamish
Are you constantly held captive by thoughts, worries, the past or the future? Be a rebel and remain calm amidst the storms life throws at you.
Meditation brings us into the present moment, yet the practice of being still with ourselves can be uncomfortable. The mind and body tend to disconnect and become anxious. Breath is a simple and effective gateway towards stress release and feeling more present.
In this workshop, we will explore meditations using pranayama / breath work to soothe the anxieties of daily life. You will leave feeling grounded in understanding your thoughts patterns, breathing tendencies and how to be more aware.
Whether you have experience in meditation, or are new and curious about learning how to shift thought patterns and reduce stress in your life, you won't regret taking this time for yourself. Every ounce of practice counts!
$30 - Register HERE.
The Process of Teaching Meditation: An Intensive for Teachers || Oct 5-7, 2018 || One Yoga for the People, Gastown
Friday 1:30 - 4pm, Saturday 7:30 - 9:30am and 1:30-4pm, Sunday 1:30-4pm. Eligible for 12.5 hours YA Continuing Education Credits. $275 plus tax.
I have been teaching meditation workshops, weekly intensives, silent retreats, one-on-ones and all types of corporate sessions for over 7 years. I've studied with Adyashanti, Reggie Ray and Tara Brach: some of the most influential teachers in the West today. I'm very excited to offer this course for those wanting to deepen their skills of meditation and teaching.
It's hard to call this a teacher training (a weekend or even a month seems inadequate...) but I hope you'll leave with the following insights:
- an understanding of the history and pillars of Buddhist thought, the main goals of meditation and scientific findings on a brain that meditates.
- uncovering your own healing process, the nature of your own ego & mind.
- how to teach various types of meditation (from beginner to advanced), how to present potent questions (ie themes).
- fundamentals for the teacher (trust, space, personal practice, no expectations), teaching from a place of authenticity/embodying presence, holding space for all the good and bad moments during class.
- experience with practice-teaching to the group
- learning through additional class observation and assignments
* must be an instructor or have been practicing yoga/meditation for 3 years.
Registration open soon via One Yoga for the People
Nov 3-10, 2018 || Sweet Retreat with Clara and Carolyn || Amalys Luxury Resort, Puerto Escondido Mexico
We have found an incredible, untouched spot that we cannot wait to share! Join us for a week of sunshine, transformative yoga, ocean play and so much more...
DATES : November 3-10, 2018
LOCATION : Amalys Resort, Mexico
LED BY : Carolyn Anne Budgell & Clara Roberts-Oss
· 7 nights at our luxury resort on the secluded Cumana Beach, 10 miles from the town of Puerto Escondido
· Morning meditations
· 2 hour long Vinyasa Yoga Classes each morning (includes movement & flow, breath and delving into various – and often challenging - poses and muscle groups. We modify the classes for all levels.)
· 2 hour long Restorative or Workshop Classes each afternoon as the sun sets (includes longer holds and props, breaking down poses and other aspects of the yoga practice)
· Group excursion to town for surf, shopping or exploring!
· Full access to the award-winning pool, 10 person Jacuzzi, gym, office with TV entertainment system, rooftop deck.
· Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and juices daily
YOUR HOSTS : Since 2010 Carolyn and Clara have been working together locally and internationally. With 25 years of teaching experience between them, they believe the practice to be one of healing and self-inquiry. They draw inspiration from their teachers Shiva Rea, Ana Forrest, David Life and Sharon Gannon to create holistic vinyasa classes that include mantra, pranayama, meditation and humour. Through challenging asana, discussion, journaling and asking the big questions, Carolyn and Clara believe in empowering their students to listen to their authentic selves and share their discoveries with the world.
AMALYS LUXURY RESORT : Located on Oaxaca’s unspoiled Pacific coast, Amalys Luxury Resort offers an award winning infinity pool, a private beach club and stunning ocean and mountain views. An exclusive enclave of intimate bungalows, the private resort exudes a tropical chic vibe. Puerto Escondido, with its world-renowned surf break is 17 km away. Each stylish Amalys room and bungalow features air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a coffee maker. Bathrooms include a shower and free toiletries. Some bungalows offer beautiful ocean views. The beach club includes a hot tub and outdoor lounge area where you can relax and spot whales, dolphins and pelicans just off-shore. Amalys Luxury Resort is set on Cumana Beach, a long and breathtaking beach, perfect for a quieter change of pace.
ROOMS: All suites and bungalows come with linens, bathrobes, towels and soaps and daily cleaning service. All accommodations have WIFI access, air conditioning and ceiling fans.
** Prices start at $1800 USD. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information **
Nov 16-18th 2018 || yoga & meditation with Clara and Carolyn || Bodega Ridge, Galiano Island
Join Clara and Carolyn for a rejuvenating weekend yoga retreat to Bodega Ridge on Galiano Island. Leave the city behind for 2 nights. Come for the yoga, meditation, forest/ocean hikes and deliciously prepared gourmet meals. Stay for the wood cabins, cozy fireplaces and reprieve from all your obligations.
Carolyn and Clara will be offering their favourite aspects of the practice in their favourite kind of environment: close to nature and with good people, eager to learn as well as relax!!
2 nights accommodation (private bedroom) and meals
4 yoga classes plus extra meditations and forest/ocean hikes
Retreat Time / Transportation:
Friday - (catch the 10:10am, 4:05pm or 6:45pm ferry from Tsawwassen to Galiano)
Sunday - (catch the 9:15am or 7:45pm ferry from Galiano to Tsawwassen)
Cost: ** $650 plus tax
New Year's Reset Retreat || Saturday, Jan 12th OR Sunday, Jan 13th 10am - 4pm || Nectar Yoga, Bowen Island
Join Carolyn Anne Budgell for a day retreat of yoga, meditation and introspection - a perfectly simple mini getaway to Bowen Island to call in a new year.
The transition into a new year can come with self-inflicted pressures to set resolutions and goals as well as uncertainties about how to map our desires and dreams....
On this soothing day-long retreat, we will acknowledge the lessons and learnings from 2018, release ourselves from shoulds or should-haves and move into 2019 with clarity, awareness and full hearts towards our unique processes.
guided meditations and walking meditations
directed journalling and intention setting
Saturday, January 12th, 10am- 4pm
Sunday, January 13th, 10am - 4pm
Nectar Yoga B&B, Bowen Island
$90 plus tax (does not include ferry to/from Bowen Island or lunch)
email - email@example.com to reserve your spot
Jan-Apr, 2019 || Lila 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training || Vancouver, BC
** Yoga Alliance Certified, Lila School of Vinyasa Yoga **
Join Clara Roberts-Oss and Carolyn Anne Budgell in this holistic teacher training program designed to help you deepen your practice and understanding of the body as well as learn all the skills for instructing an incredible Vinyasa Yoga class.
Over the course of 8 weekends, explore the nitty gritty, the how, when, why, where and so much more of what it means to understand yoga and teach it! Clara and Carolyn will co-lead the first and final weekend of the training, and alternate the other weekends throughout. They are ecstatic to offer this in their hometown again, in the vibrant neighbourhood of Chinatown, Vancouver.
LISTEN TO THE CALL..
Diving into a teacher training is not just for those who want to teach yoga, but also for those wishing to create a greater connection to breath, community and their inner teacher. This program focuses on the principles for living a balanced lifestyle in modern society and how to be a role model for others.
Fridays 6:30pm-9:30pm || Saturdays 7:30am-5:30pm || Sundays 7:30am-5:30pm
Jan 18-20 || Feb 1-3 || Feb 15-17 || Mar 1-3 || Mar 15-17 || Mar 29-31 || Apr 12-14 || Apr 26-28
The Flex Space at Stretch Vancouver
$3500 & tax ($500 non-refundable deposit)
** for more information on what to expect, learning objectives, required readings and payment plan options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Oct 2 - 27, 2019 || Lila 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training || Sri Lanka
** Yoga Alliance Certified, Lila School of Vinyasa Yoga **
Join Clara Roberts-Oss and Carolyn Anne Budgell in this 200 hour teacher training program designed to help you deepen your practice and understanding of the body as well as learn all the skills for instructing an incredible Vinyasa Yoga class
Diving into a teacher training is not just for those who want to teach yoga, but also for those wishing to create a greater connection to breath, community and their inner teacher. This program focuses on the principles for living a balanced lifestyle in a modern society and how to be a role model for others.
YOU WILL LEARN…
– Why Yoga? What yoga means for us in the present day, why do we practice, how should we practice and how can we share it effectively with others?
– The Yoga Postures: detailed alignment and anatomy through daily asana labs to break it all down and build it up methodically. Anatomy portion taught by Erin Moon, ERYT-500.
– Safety and Options For Everyone: contraindications of yoga poses and variations for all levels of students (how to look at all different types of bodies!)
– Hands-on Adjustments: the delicate actions and ethics of touching and assisting others.
– Sequencing: an important chapter on intelligently sequencing yoga poses and creating seamless vinyasa flows with a heating element, peak poses and a calming cool down.
– The Roots: philosophy, Sanskrit pronunciation, overview of various lineages that contribute to the yoga we know today and history of the yoga tradition.
– Pranayama: various breathing techniques and gentle practices to understand our vital life force.
– Subtle Body Energies: chakras, nadis and other unseen lines flowing through the body.
– The Healing Powers of: mantra, meditation and the ancient medicine of Ayurveda.
– The Business of Yoga: how to get started, authentically integrating the many hats of a yoga teacher, settling in to your own voice, boundaries, honing in on a niche and your passion for teaching.
TRAINEES CAN EXPECT…
– A daily yoga, pranayama and meditation practice.
Because the best teacher is a lifelong student.
– Applied hands-on teaching experience.
Jump right in to practice teaching. Discover the authentic voice within. Clara and Carolyn are passionate about and committed to providing registered trainees with as much hands-on time teaching as possible during this training.
– Exploration of anatomy basics in your own body.
Learn anatomy from the best of the best and how it directly relates to yoga postures and to finding safe alignment in all poses.
– Feedback on sequences and practice teaching.
Growth comes from discussion, asking questions and learning ways to improve. Carolyn and Clara provide a safe environment for feedback on the physical and subtle aspects of teaching.
– Relevant and personal stories/sharing.
Your path and all that has led you to this moment is important. Explore ways to share your story while listening and connecting to the journeys of others.
– Contemplating your unique body and the wisdom that lies within.
Yoga is a practice of experimentation that spans our entire lifetime. We all require different poses and types of movement at different stages, but if you can honour and appreciate your phase at any given time, your respect and understanding for others will be instantly felt. Tune into your self, your wisdom and uncover how to teach from this place.
** This course was carefully designed by Clara and Carolyn for anyone with two years of Vinyasa practice.
Rates start at $3300 USD and include:
-Tuition for the yoga teacher training and manual
-Accommodation and meals at Talalla Retreat