Feb 2-4th 2018 || yoga & meditation with Clara and Carolyn || Bodega Ridge, Galiano Island
Join Clara and Carolyn for a rejuvenating weekend yoga retreat to Bodega Ridge on Galiano Island. Leave the city behind for 2 nights. Come for the yoga, meditation, forest/ocean hikes and deliciously prepared gourmet meals. Stay for the wood cabins, cozy fireplaces and reprieve from all your obligations.
Carolyn and Clara will be offering their favourite aspects of the practice in their favourite kind of environment: close to nature and with good people, eager to learn as well as relax!!
2 nights accommodation (private bedroom) and meals
4 yoga classes plus extra meditations and forest/ocean hikes
Retreat Time / Transportation:
Friday - (catch the 10:10am, 4:05pm or 6:45pm ferry from Tsawwassen to Galiano)
Sunday - (catch the 9:15am or 7:45pm ferry from Galiano to Tsawwassen)
Cost: ** $650 plus tax
Feb 17th, 2-4pm || Calm Rebel Meditation Workshop || Shala Yoga, Squamish BC
Are you easily swept away into anxious thoughts about trivial or uncontrollable situations? Do you often find yourself distracted by thoughts about the past or the future?
The practice of meditation brings us into the present moment and into the wisdom of our innermost core. All that’s required is a little practice, compassion and a willingness to truly dive into the self.
Join Carolyn in this all-levels workshop to identify and cope with daily stress. We will explore calming pranayama, various meditations techniques and a bit of journaling to affirm which processes suit you best. You will leave feeling grounded in a deeper understanding of how to create clarity within your thoughts and how to evoke gentleness towards your process.
$30 advance ticket - Register HERE
Feb 10, 2-4pm || Go with the Flow, Asana & Meditations for the 2nd Chakra || YYoga Yaletown
We continuously experience shifts in our lives and often rely on unhealthy habits and thought patterns to cope. Now is the time to consciously create new pathways and routines for yourself!
Join Carolyn for this all-levels flow workshop geared towards getting your blood flowing, your pelvis/lower back spacious, and your mind open to change!
The 2nd Chakra (Svadisthana) is located in the lower abdomen and sacrum/tailbone area. When we practice yoga poses and certain meditations to tap into this area, we connect to the beliefs that prevent us from taking big steps forward, from actively making shifts in our lives, and from starting new creative projects. The 2nd Chakra symbolizes creativity, transition, rebirth, pleasure, and the need for personal boundaries. Yoga, journaling, and meditation will help bring more awareness and connectivity to your process around the life phase you are in.
**Please bring a notebook and pen, investment - $40
Northwest Yoga Conference, Seattle || Feb 23-25
Join me at the Northwest Yoga Conference in Seattle, WA! I will be offering two workshops: Meditation Workshop for the Heart and Restore and Recharge. Find out more info HERE.
The Process of Teaching Meditation: An Intensive for Teachers || Mar 23-25, 2018 || One Yoga for the People, Gastown
Friday 1:30 - 4pm, Saturday 7:30 - 9:30am and 1:30-4pm, Sunday 1:30-4pm. Eligible for 12.5 hours YA Continuing Education Credits. $275 plus tax.
This training covers:
- the main pillars and the main goals of meditation
- a brief history/background of meditation lineages
- your own healing process, the nature of the ego & mind
- the importance of inquiry and presenting potent questions (ie themes)
- how to teach various types of meditation & what is best for each group (from beginner to advanced)
- fundamentals for the teacher (trust, space, personal practice, be in the moment)
- how to teach from a place of authenticity/embodying presence
- barriers to teaching meditation (students, room problems etc)
- practice teaching to the group
- comprehensive manual with an appendix of various meditations & journalling exercises
- extra homework & class observation
* must be an instructor or have been practicing yoga/meditation for 3 years.
Registration opening soon.
Apr 1-22, 2018 || Lila 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training || Sri Lanka
** Yoga Alliance Certified, Lila School of Vinyasa Yoga **
Join Clara Roberts-Oss and Carolyn Anne Budgell in this holistic teacher training program designed to help you deepen your practice and understanding of the body as well as learn all the skills for instructing an incredible Vinyasa Yoga class.
Diving into a teacher training is not just for those who want to teach yoga, but also for those wishing to create a greater connection to breath, community and their inner teacher. This program focuses on the principles for living a balanced lifestyle in a modern society and how to be a role model for others.
YOU WILL LEARN…
- Why Yoga? What yoga means for us in the present day, why do we practice, how should we practice and how can we share it effectively with others?
- The Yoga Postures: detailed alignment and anatomy through daily asana labs to break it all down and build it up methodically.
- Safety and Options For Everyone: contraindications of yoga poses and variations for all levels of students (how to look at all different types of bodies!)
- Hands-on Adjustments: the delicate actions and ethics of touching and assisting others.
- Sequencing: an important chapter on intelligently sequencing yoga poses and creating seamless vinyasa flows with a heating element, peak poses and a calming cool down.
- The Roots: philosophy, Sanskrit pronunciation, overview of various lineages that contribute to the yoga we know today and history of the yoga tradition.
- Pranayama: various breathing techniques and gentle practices to understand our vital life force.
- Subtle Body Energies: chakras, nadis and other unseen lines flowing through the body.
- The Healing Powers of: mantra, meditation and the ancient medicine of Ayurveda.
- The Business of Yoga: how to get started, authentically integrating the many hats of a yoga teacher, settling in to your own voice, boundaries, honing in on a niche and your passion for teaching.
TRAINEES CAN EXPECT…
- A daily yoga, pranayama and meditation practice. Because the best teacher is a lifelong student.
- Applied hands-on teaching experience. Jump right in to practice teaching. Discover the authentic voice within. Clara and Carolyn are passionate about and committed to providing registered trainees with as much hands-on time teaching as possible during this training.
- Exploration of anatomy basics in your own body. Learn anatomy from the best of the best and how it directly relates to yoga postures and to finding safe alignment in all poses.
- Feedback on sequences and practice teaching. Growth comes from discussion, asking questions and learning ways to improve. Carolyn and Clara provide a safe environment for feedback on the physical and subtle aspects of teaching.
- Relevant and personal stories/sharing. Your path and all that has led you to this moment is important. Explore ways to share your story while listening and connecting to the journeys of others.
- Contemplating your unique body and the wisdom that lies within. Yoga is a practice of experimentation that spans our entire lifetime. We all require different poses and types of movement at different stages, but if you can honour and appreciate your phase at any given time, your respect and understanding for others will be instantly felt. Tune into your self, your wisdom and uncover how to teach from this place.
This course was carefully designed by Clara and Carolyn for anyone with two years of Vinyasa practice.
Accommodations & Rates at Talalla Retreat, Sri Lanka
- Big House Room = DBL $2978 SGL $3438
- Deluxe Rooms = DBL $3178 SGL $3786
- Bamboo Hut = DBL $3299 SGL$3827
- Sea View Room = DBL $3343 SGL$4079
(all prices in USD, tax not included. includes airport transfer and all meals. $500 deposit to reserve your space)
** min 2 years vinyasa yoga practice required **
email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information