The Process of Teaching Meditation: An Intensive for Teachers || Nov 25-26, 2017 || One Yoga for the People, Gastown
Saturday 7:30 - 9:30am and 1:30-4pm, Sunday 7:30-9:30am and 1:30-4pm. Eligible for 10 hours YA Continuing Education Credits. $275 plus tax.
This training covers:
- the main pillars and the main goals of meditation
- a brief history/background of meditation lineages
- your own healing process, the nature of your ego & mind
- the importance of inquiry and how to present potent questions (ie themes)
- how to teach various types of meditation & what is best for each group (from beginner to advanced)
- fundamentals for the teacher (trust, space, personal practice, be in the moment)
- how to teach from a place of authenticity/embodying presence
- barriers to teaching meditation (students, room problems etc)
- practice teaching to the group
- a handout of scientific findings
- an appendix of various meditations & journalling exercises
- extra homework & class observation
* must be an instructor or have been practicing yoga/meditation for 3 years.
Restore & Recharge for the Holidays || Saturday, Dec 9th 1:45-3:45pm || One Yoga for the People, Gastown
Join Carolyn Anne Budgell for a much-needed body and breath reset just in time for the holiday season. Return to the here and now with restorative yoga and soothing breathwork - two practices we often overlook right when we need them most.
In this workshop, you’ll be invited to pause from whatever ideas, stress and expectations you’ve been stuck in. Through simple, relaxing poses and breathwork, you’ll have the opportunity to let go of rigidity and relieve your tense muscles and a strung out nervous system. Expect to: boost your immune system, decrease blood pressure, improve digestion and fatigue along with a myriad of other physical and emotional benefits.
Give yourself an afternoon of slowness and quiet and take all of the relaxation you can into the busy season ahead.
$30 || Register HERE
New Year's Reset Retreat || Saturday, Jan 13th 9am - 4pm || Nectar Yoga, Bowen Island
Join Carolyn Anne Budgell for a day of yoga, meditation and introspection on a mini getaway to Bowen Island.
The transition into a new year can come with self-inflicted pressures to set resolutions and goals as well as uncertainties about how to map our desires and dreams.... On this simple day-long retreat, we will acknowledge the lessons and learnings from 2017, release ourselves from shoulds or should-haves and move into 2018 with clarity, awareness and full hearts towards our unique processes.
1 vinyasa class
1 restorative class
guided meditations and walking meditations
directed journalling and intention setting
Saturday, January 13th, 9am - 4pm
Nectar Yoga B&B, Bowen Island
$85 plus tax (does not include ferry to/from Bowen Island or lunch) email - firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot
Feb 2-4th 2018 || yoga & meditation with Clara and Carolyn || Bodega Ridge, Galiano Island
Join Clara and Carolyn for a rejuvenating weekend yoga retreat to Bodega Ridge on Galiano Island. Leave the city behind for 2 nights. Come for the yoga, meditation, forest/ocean hikes and deliciously prepared gourmet meals. Stay for the wood cabins, cozy fireplaces and reprieve from all your obligations.
Carolyn and Clara will be offering their favourite aspects of the practice in their favourite kind of environment: close to nature and with good people, eager to learn as well as relax!!
2 nights accommodation (private bedroom) and meals
4 yoga classes plus extra meditations and forest/ocean hikes
Retreat Time / Transportation:
Friday - (catch the 10:10am, 4:05pm or 6:45pm ferry from Tsawwassen to Galiano)
Sunday - (catch the 9:15am or 7:45pm ferry from Galiano to Tsawwassen)
Cost: ** $650 plus tax
Northwest Yoga Conference, Seattle || Feb 23-25
Join me at the Northwest Yoga Conference in Seattle, WA! I will be offering two workshops: Meditation Workshop for the Heart and Restore and Recharge. Find out more info HERE.
Apr 1-22, 2018 || Lila 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training || Sri Lanka
** Yoga Alliance Certified, Lila School of Vinyasa Yoga **
Join Clara Roberts-Oss and Carolyn Anne Budgell in this holistic teacher training program designed to help you deepen your practice and understanding of the body as well as learn all the skills for instructing an incredible Vinyasa Yoga class.
Diving into a teacher training is not just for those who want to teach yoga, but also for those wishing to create a greater connection to breath, community and their inner teacher. This program focuses on the principles for living a balanced lifestyle in a modern society and how to be a role model for others.
YOU WILL LEARN…
- Why Yoga? What yoga means for us in the present day, why do we practice, how should we practice and how can we share it effectively with others?
- The Yoga Postures: detailed alignment and anatomy through daily asana labs to break it all down and build it up methodically.
- Safety and Options For Everyone: contraindications of yoga poses and variations for all levels of students (how to look at all different types of bodies!)
- Hands-on Adjustments: the delicate actions and ethics of touching and assisting others.
- Sequencing: an important chapter on intelligently sequencing yoga poses and creating seamless vinyasa flows with a heating element, peak poses and a calming cool down.
- The Roots: philosophy, Sanskrit pronunciation, overview of various lineages that contribute to the yoga we know today and history of the yoga tradition.
- Pranayama: various breathing techniques and gentle practices to understand our vital life force.
- Subtle Body Energies: chakras, nadis and other unseen lines flowing through the body.
- The Healing Powers of: mantra, meditation and the ancient medicine of Ayurveda.
- The Business of Yoga: how to get started, authentically integrating the many hats of a yoga teacher, settling in to your own voice, boundaries, honing in on a niche and your passion for teaching.
TRAINEES CAN EXPECT…
- A daily yoga, pranayama and meditation practice. Because the best teacher is a lifelong student.
- Applied hands-on teaching experience. Jump right in to practice teaching. Discover the authentic voice within. Clara and Carolyn are passionate about and committed to providing registered trainees with as much hands-on time teaching as possible during this training.
- Exploration of anatomy basics in your own body. Learn anatomy from the best of the best and how it directly relates to yoga postures and to finding safe alignment in all poses.
- Feedback on sequences and practice teaching. Growth comes from discussion, asking questions and learning ways to improve. Carolyn and Clara provide a safe environment for feedback on the physical and subtle aspects of teaching.
- Relevant and personal stories/sharing. Your path and all that has led you to this moment is important. Explore ways to share your story while listening and connecting to the journeys of others.
- Contemplating your unique body and the wisdom that lies within. Yoga is a practice of experimentation that spans our entire lifetime. We all require different poses and types of movement at different stages, but if you can honour and appreciate your phase at any given time, your respect and understanding for others will be instantly felt. Tune into your self, your wisdom and uncover how to teach from this place.
This course was carefully designed by Clara and Carolyn for anyone with two years of Vinyasa practice.
Accommodations & Rates at Talalla Retreat, Sri Lanka
- Big House Room = DBL $2978 SGL $3438
- Deluxe Rooms = DBL $3178 SGL $3786
- Bamboo Hut = DBL $3299 SGL$3827
- Sea View Room = DBL $3343 SGL$4079
(all prices in USD, tax not included. includes airport transfer and all meals. $500 deposit to reserve your space)
** min 2 years vinyasa yoga practice required **
email email@example.com for more information