June 23-24, 2018 || Silence is Golden Retreat || Ocean Beach Retreat, Sunshine Coast
Join Carolyn for a getaway to the beauty of the Sunshine Coast, immersed in the power of silent meditation. Give yourself a night away from the noise and busyness of life and explore what lies beneath all the distractions. Discover clarity, a pause, rest, presence, kindness, self-compassion.
This 2-day retreat will include gentle yoga (guided with minimal talking), seated meditations, nature / oceanside meditations, journalling and nourishing meals.
* retreat begins on Saturday at 11:30am and ends on Sunday at 2:30pm. We will be in silence (with very brief guidance by Carolyn) from Saturday 1:30pm to Sunday 1:30pm. *
- 3 yoga classes
- Saturday lunch & dinner, Sunday breakfast & lunch, snacks, tea (wholesome meals prepared with care!)
- Guided and silent meditations, powerful topics for journalling and reflection
- Quiet and nature, for the nervous system to find balance
- 1 night’s stay at Ocean Beach Retreat, an oceanfront sanctuary, just 15 min drive from the ferry at Gibsons/Langdale
1 – Room with queen bed and full private bath (2 people) ~ $340 per person
2 – Room with queen bed and shared bath (2 people) ~ $330 per person
3 – Room with 2 sets of bunk beds and shared bath (4 people) ~ $300 per person
4 – Room with 1 double bed and 2 twin beds and private bath (3 or 4 people) ~ $310 per person
Retreat Times & Travel times from Horseshoe Bay – Langdale/Gibsons
Check in: from 10:30am onwards
Retreat begins: 11:30am
Ferries: 8:30am, 9:50am
Retreat ends: 2:30pm (after lunch)
Ferries: 3:30pm, 5:45pm, 6:35pm
Email email@example.com with any questions or for more information.
The Process of Teaching Meditation: An Intensive for Teachers || Oct 5-7, 2018 || One Yoga for the People, Gastown
Friday 1:30 - 4pm, Saturday 7:30 - 9:30am and 1:30-4pm, Sunday 1:30-4pm. Eligible for 12.5 hours YA Continuing Education Credits. $275 plus tax.
I have been teaching meditation workshops, weekly intensives, silent retreats, one-on-ones and all types of corporate sessions for over 7 years. I've studied with Adyashanti, Reggie Ray and Tara Brach: some of the most influential teachers in the West today. I'm very excited to offer this course for those wanting to deepen their skills of meditation and teaching.
It's hard to call this a teacher training (a weekend or even a month seems inadequate...) but I hope you'll leave with the following insights:
- an understanding of the history and pillars of Buddhist thought, the main goals of meditation and scientific findings on a brain that meditates.
- uncovering your own healing process, the nature of your own ego & mind.
- how to teach various types of meditation (from beginner to advanced), how to present potent questions (ie themes).
- fundamentals for the teacher (trust, space, personal practice, no expectations), teaching from a place of authenticity/embodying presence, holding space for all the good and bad moments during class.
- experience with practice-teaching to the group
- learning through additional class observation and assignments
* must be an instructor or have been practicing yoga/meditation for 3 years.
Registration open soon via One Yoga for the People
Nov 3-10, 2018 || Sweet Retreat with Clara and Carolyn || Amalys Luxury Resort, Puerto Escondido Mexico
We have found an incredible, untouched spot that we cannot wait to share! Join us for a week of sunshine, transformative yoga, ocean play and so much more...
DATES : November 3-10, 2018
LOCATION : Amalys Resort, Mexico
LED BY : Carolyn Anne Budgell & Clara Roberts-Oss
· 7 nights at our luxury resort on the secluded Cumana Beach, 10 miles from the town of Puerto Escondido
· Morning meditations
· 2 hour long Vinyasa Yoga Classes each morning (includes movement & flow, breath and delving into various – and often challenging - poses and muscle groups. We modify the classes for all levels.)
· 2 hour long Restorative or Workshop Classes each afternoon as the sun sets (includes longer holds and props, breaking down poses and other aspects of the yoga practice)
· Group excursion to town for surf, shopping or exploring!
· Full access to the award-winning pool, 10 person Jacuzzi, gym, office with TV entertainment system, rooftop deck.
· Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and juices daily
YOUR HOSTS : Since 2010 Carolyn and Clara have been working together locally and internationally. With 25 years of teaching experience between them, they believe the practice to be one of healing and self-inquiry. They draw inspiration from their teachers Shiva Rea, Ana Forrest, David Life and Sharon Gannon to create holistic vinyasa classes that include mantra, pranayama, meditation and humour. Through challenging asana, discussion, journaling and asking the big questions, Carolyn and Clara believe in empowering their students to listen to their authentic selves and share their discoveries with the world.
AMALYS LUXURY RESORT : Located on Oaxaca’s unspoiled Pacific coast, Amalys Luxury Resort offers an award winning infinity pool, a private beach club and stunning ocean and mountain views. An exclusive enclave of intimate bungalows, the private resort exudes a tropical chic vibe. Puerto Escondido, with its world-renowned surf break is 17 km away. Each stylish Amalys room and bungalow features air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, a flat-screen TV and a coffee maker. Bathrooms include a shower and free toiletries. Some bungalows offer beautiful ocean views. The beach club includes a hot tub and outdoor lounge area where you can relax and spot whales, dolphins and pelicans just off-shore. Amalys Luxury Resort is set on Cumana Beach, a long and breathtaking beach, perfect for a quieter change of pace.
ROOMS: All suites and bungalows come with linens, bathrobes, towels and soaps and daily cleaning service. All accommodations have WIFI access, air conditioning and ceiling fans.
** Prices start at $1800 USD. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information **
Nov 16-18th 2018 || yoga & meditation with Clara and Carolyn || Bodega Ridge, Galiano Island
Join Clara and Carolyn for a rejuvenating weekend yoga retreat to Bodega Ridge on Galiano Island. Leave the city behind for 2 nights. Come for the yoga, meditation, forest/ocean hikes and deliciously prepared gourmet meals. Stay for the wood cabins, cozy fireplaces and reprieve from all your obligations.
Carolyn and Clara will be offering their favourite aspects of the practice in their favourite kind of environment: close to nature and with good people, eager to learn as well as relax!!
2 nights accommodation (private bedroom) and meals
4 yoga classes plus extra meditations and forest/ocean hikes
Retreat Time / Transportation:
Friday - (catch the 10:10am, 4:05pm or 6:45pm ferry from Tsawwassen to Galiano)
Sunday - (catch the 9:15am or 7:45pm ferry from Galiano to Tsawwassen)
Cost: ** $650 plus tax
Jan-Apr, 2019 || Lila 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training || Vancouver, BC
** Yoga Alliance Certified, Lila School of Vinyasa Yoga **
Join Clara Roberts-Oss and Carolyn Anne Budgell in this holistic teacher training program designed to help you deepen your practice and understanding of the body as well as learn all the skills for instructing an incredible Vinyasa Yoga class.
Over the course of 8 weekends, explore the nitty gritty, the how, when, why, where and so much more of what it means to understand yoga and teach it! Clara and Carolyn will co-lead the first and final weekend of the training, and alternate the other weekends throughout. They are ecstatic to offer this in their hometown again, in the vibrant neighbourhood of Chinatown, Vancouver.
LISTEN TO THE CALL..
Diving into a teacher training is not just for those who want to teach yoga, but also for those wishing to create a greater connection to breath, community and their inner teacher. This program focuses on the principles for living a balanced lifestyle in modern society and how to be a role model for others.
Fridays 6:30pm-9:30pm || Saturdays 7:30am-5:30pm || Sundays 7:30am-5:30pm
Jan 18-20 || Feb 1-3 || Feb 15-17 || Mar 1-3 || Mar 15-17 || Mar 29-31 || Apr 12-14 || Apr 26-28
The Flex Space at Stretch Vancouver
$3500 & tax ($500 non-refundable deposit)
** for more information on what to expect, learning objectives, required readings and payment plan options, please email email@example.com